Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Enchiladas

1 lb of ground beef, shredded chicken or shredded pork
Taco Seasoning
Enchilada sauce (you can use store bought, but I made mine with 1 small can of tomato sauce, a small can of diced mild chilies, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 chopped green onion mixed together)
Shredded Cheese
Tortilla Shells (4 burrito sized or an equivalent of smaller ones)
Sour Cream or Salsa (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Then I mixed up my enchilada sauce and made sure that it tasted the way I wanted it to.  Next I heated the meat and added the taco seasoning.  I put together the enchiladas by microwaving the tortilla shells so they were easier to fold, then added 1/4 of the meat, a spoonful of enchilada sauce, and some cheese then wrapped them up like a open ended burrito and placed them in a baking dish.  Then I repeated the process 3 times - until the baking dish was full and the meat was gone.  Then I spread the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkled cheese on top.  Place enchiladas in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes (until heated through, the tortillas are a little crisp and the cheese is melted). Then serve with sour cream or salsa or both and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment